This is a powerful and unique pose combining the strength and mobility benefits from Warrior II with a side bend to open up the side body and expand your rib cage. Your gaze is soft over the top hand toward the sky, which also challenges your balance. Focus your mind on your positioning and combining your movement with your breath.
To enter the pose:
Start in Warrior II (see last post )
- Inhale as you slowly tip your back arm down toward your back leg, placing it softly on your thigh
- Reach your front arm up toward the sky and softly gaze over your top hand
- Engage your lower body to maintain your stable base of support
- Press your shoulders down away from your ears
- Draw your front knee to the outer edge of your mat so your knee doesn’t collapse inward
- Continue to breathe evenly in and out through your nose as you adjust and maintain the pose. Inhale to open and expand. Exhale to deepen and find strength. Cycle through 3-5 breaths.
To exit the pose:
- Inhale and reach top arm up towards the sky and engage your core
- Exhale as you slowly tip your body back up into Warrior II
- Repeat with the opposite side.
As always, feel free to explore this posture in ways that feel good for your body and your mind.
Try this pose and explore how your body and mind feel during and after. Compare this to how you felt before.
If you don’t have time to try Reverse Warrior now, save or screenshot this post to try later!